10. That young greasy skin is now dry and you can use all those nice lotions people have been giving you.
9. You don’t need as much sleep. Sleeping in means 7:30.
8. Your vision is so bad, it is an easy decision to give up the work of wearing contacts and just stick with glasses. And glasses are way cuter than they used to be.
7. You finally understand why older people do things like bird watch, eat dinner early, and move south for the winter.
6. You finally understand why old people take their glasses OFF to read the menu in the candlelit restaurant, or the fine print.
5. Your children’s bedroom is now-finally-really-your study.
4. You finally understand why great novels are always about death.
3. Your children are charming, intelligent individuals you feel privileged to know. And they do their own taxes.
2. If you’re really lucky… grandchildren!
1. It’s just you two in the house so you don’t have to close the door when you go to the bathroom.