Simple Pleasures #2
- Walking, heard honking and looked up to see a “v” of geese flying overhead.
- Finally took out the compost collected.
- Also cleared out the vegetable bins in the fridge.
- Also took the biggest pair of boots away from the front door.
- And made a potato and egg salad with dill.
- Wore a floaty scarf with magenta, turquoise, lavender and olive.
- Saw the Lenten Rose flowers shyly ducking their white flowery heads.
- Also green shoots here and there, some thin, some fat.
- Squish, squish- the children are mud drunk.
- Walking down the alley, hear voices behind fences.
- Also coming through curtains at an open upstairs window.
- And hundreds of unseen birds clamoring in a thick green hedge.